Friday, February 8, 2013

Run+Juice & San Diego!

Run: 4.5 miles

Four years is how long I patiently waited for my Breville juicer. FOUR LONG YEARS. It has become our family ritual to juice every morning for many reasons solely based on knowing the health benefits are immeasurable. Chad (my husband) is like a toddler in the sense of eating his vegetables. His meals are more frequently than not, of the brown palate. So I like to squeeze in as many as I can in his a.m. juice that he chokes down. When it comes to our actual toddler, Nola's favorite part of the morning is snagging her fresh pressed vegetable nectar. Sounds good worded like that eh? And there's nothing more rewarding than the silly red or green stained smile on her precious face.
Here is this morning's kicker: We all got about 4-8 ounces
5 carrots
1 apple
large bunch of purple and green kale
3 tiny beets
1 handful spinach
1" fresh ginger
Love the froth on top! Yum

I never did find that fresh turmeric last time we were in San Diego... Any ideas?

Off to San Diego for the weekend! Chad is running the Tough Mudder in Temecula...sure would be awesome if he had one of those gopro cameras to virtually run it with him. Even so, Nola and I are going to savor our running on the beach this weekend and sipping a little hot delight from our favorite coffee roaster in Bird Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment