Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The juice to make it happen


Total miles for week one: 9

My 11 mile goal was a little ambitious; I was feeling great and wasn’t considering rest days. Although I was in ship shape and ready to go yesterday, I took a rest. Days off for recovery are just as important as work days. And I certainly don’t want to injure myself being overzealous. Now if I could only get a little more sleep...

Today’s Workout

I warmed up with a 2 mile jog-walk and a little unreasonable resistance with Kona (our 85 pound Bernese Mountain Dog) and of course, Nola tagged along in her stroller. Today was my Kettlebell workout and I used the 18 lb. bell. I found this work out here.

1.      Reverse Lunge-right
2.      Reverse Lunge-left  
3.      Suitcase Dead Burpee
4.      Dynamic Pushups
5.      Bent Over Alternating Row
6.      Alternating Swings
 
10 reps 4 times

Squeeze Me!

My go to juice every morning is: 3 carrots, 1 beet, 1 small apple, a handful of spinach and roughly ½ to 1 inch of ginger. This is the perfect portion for Nola and me to share (I omit the ginger in her portion). It’s an extraordinary ease to have our little beetle bug love fresh juice the way she does. Nonetheless, this combo is getting a little boring. So next week our juice will be composed of carrot, granny smith apple, pineapple, orange and turmeric root. I will play with the portions and post what I come up with. From my understanding Turmeric root can be hard to find in whole, raw form. I have been told Whole Foods sometimes has it so we will check it out this weekend on a trip to San Diego. An interesting list of 20 health benefits for turmeric can be found here.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment